[Channing Division Network Medicine]
Scope; Third Party Sites
- Please note that your use of our Site is also subject to our Terms and Conditions and Notice of Privacy Practices.
INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
Information You Provide to Us
- We collect information you provide to us, for example when you create or modify your account, register to use our Site, request information from us, contact customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Date of birth
- Medical history, medical records and other health related information, including images
Information We Collect Through Your Use of our Site
- Google and Other Third Party Services
- We may use web analytics and tag management services and tools service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”) and other third parties to collect certain information relating to your use of the Site. Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, and tags (such as tracking codes and event codes) to help us analyze how users use the site. You can find out more about how Google uses data when you visit our Site by visiting “How Google uses data when you use our partners' sites or apps” (located at https://policies.google.com/privacy).
- Information Collected Through Cookies and Similar Technologies
- No Information from Children Under Age 13
- If you are under the age of 13, please do not attempt to register with us at this Site or provide any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete that information. If you believe we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, please Contact Us CISPO@partners.org.
HOW WE USE AND SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
To Facilitate or Provide Services and Information
- We collect information from you in order to facilitate or provide services that you request from us; register and service your online account; provide information that you request from us; and contact you about your services requests.
For Clinical Research
- We (and our researchers and affiliates) may collect, use and share information from you for the purposes of determining which clinical research opportunities may be of interest to you, contacting you to participate in research opportunities, or conducting clinical research as part of a research study in which you have agreed to participate as a research subject or researcher or in which your existing data is used, or providing information to you regarding research studies or medical information you have requested.
- Please note that not every research study will collect, use and share data in the same way. In certain cases, you will be provided with a consent or authorization form relating to a specific research project that explains the types of information collected and the purposes for which the information is collected, used and shared. If you are provided with a consent or authorization form for a particular research study, the description of the collection, use or sharing of your information contained in such form shall apply to the specific study in question.
Sharing with Third Parties
- We may provide information to third party service providers that help us operate and manage our Site, process services requests, and deliver services that you purchase through the Site.
- In addition to the sharing described elsewhere in this Policy, By using our Site, you consent to the collection, use and sharing of this information as described in this Policy.
- We will share personal information with third party companies, organizations or individuals outside of Partners and its affiliates if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, subpoena, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Partners, the site, our users, customers or the public as required or permitted by law.
Transfer in the Event of Sale or Change of Control
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION AND CHOICES
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
- We use industry standard physical, technical and administrative security measures and safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information. However, since the Internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot guarantee, ensure, or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information. Please note that while communications and information you send to us using our Site are encrypted, e-mails and other communications you send to us outside of the Site are not encrypted. Thus, we strongly advise you not to communicate any confidential information through unencrypted email.
QUESTIONS AND HOW TO CONTACT US
Partners HealthCare System, Inc.
399 Revolution Drive
Somerville, MA 02145
Attn: Chief Information Security and Privacy Officer
USERS IN THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA (EEA) AND SWITZERLAND
- If you are a resident of the EEA or Switzerland, the following information applies with respect to personal data collected through your use of our Site.
Use of Website
Purposes of processing and legal basis for processing
- As explained above, we process personal data in various ways depending upon your use of the services. We process personal data on the following legal bases: (1) with your consent; (2) as necessary to provide the services; and (3) as necessary for our legitimate interests in providing the services where those interests do not override your fundamental rights and freedom related to data privacy.
- Personal data we collect may be transferred to, and stored and processed in, the United States or any other country in which we or our affiliates or processors maintain facilities. We will use reasonable efforts to ensure that transfers of personal data to a country or an international organization outside the EEA or Switzerland are subject to appropriate safeguards.
- You are entitled to the rights under Chapter III of the EU General Data Protection Regulation or Section 2 of the Swiss Federal Act on Data Protection with respect to the processing of your personal data, which include the right to access and rectify and to request erasure of personal data. In order to verify your identity, we may require you to provide us with personal information prior to accessing any records containing information about you.